How to Connect Salesforce to your Universe of Cloud Apps
This article will let you know how to add your Microsoft Cloud App Security to your current Salesforce account utilizing the app connector API. This association gives you visibility into and authority over Salesforce app cloud use.
The most effective method to associate Salesforce to Cloud App Security.
It’s prescribed to have a hard work admin account for Cloud App Security.
Approve that REST API is empowered in Salesforce.
Your Salesforce account must be one of the accompanying versions that incorporate REST API bolster:
The Professional version doesn’t have REST API naturally, yet it very well may be included interest.
Verify that your release had REST API accessible and empowered as pursues:
Login to your Salesforce account and jump to the Setup page.
After clicking on Manage Users option select User Profile Page.
Make another profile by clicking New.
Pick the profile you just made to convey Cloud App Security and click Edit. The profile is the one to be utilized for the Cloud App Security service account to set up the App connector.
Ensure you have the accompanying checkboxes empowered:
Programming interface Enabled
View All Data
Oversee Salesforce CRM Content
On the off chance that these checkboxes aren’t chosen, you may need to contact Salesforce to add them to your account.
If your association has Salesforce CRM Content empowered, ensure that the current administrative account has it enabled too.
- Go to your Salesforce setup page.
- From the side menu, select Manage Users and afterward click Users.
- Select the current administrative client to your devoted Cloud App Security client.
- Ensure that the Salesforce CRM Content User check box is chosen.
- On the off chance that it isn’t chosen, click Edit and, tick mark on the checkbox.
- Click Save.
- In the Cloud App Security comfort, click Investigate and afterward Connected apps.
- In the App connectors page, click the in addition to catching pursued by Salesforce.
- In the Salesforce settings page, on the API tab, click Follow this connection, contingent upon which occasion you need to introduce.
- This opens the Salesforce sign in page. Enter your certifications to permit Cloud App Security access to your group’s Salesforce app.
- Salesforce will inquire as to whether you need to permit Cloud App Security access to your group data and action log and play out any action as any colleague. To continue, click Allow.
- Now, you’ll get a triumph or disappointment notice for the sending. Cloud App Security is currently approved in Salesforce.com.
- Back in the Cloud App Security comfort, you should see the Salesforce was effectively associated message.
- Ensure the association prevailing by clicking Test API.
- Testing may take a few minutes. After getting a triumph notice, click Done.
After associating Salesforce, you’ll get Events as pursues:
Triggers from the snapshot of association, Log in occasions, and Setup Audit Trail for 60 days preceding association, EventMonitoring 30 days, or 1 day back – relying upon your Salesforce EventMonitoring permit.
The Cloud App Security API discusses straightforwardly with the APIs accessible from Salesforce. Since Salesforce limits the number of API calls it can get, Cloud App Security considers and regards the constraint.
Salesforce APIs send every reaction with a field for the API counters, including all-out accessible and remaining. Cloud App Security figures this into a rate and makes a point to dependably leave 10% of accessible API calls remaining.
Salesforce occasions are handled by Cloud App security as pursues:
- Sign on occasions at regular intervals
- Setup review trails at regular intervals
Salesforce logs track use movement for a 24-hour time frame, from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. UTC. Occasions in Salesforce produce log information progressively.
In any case, log documents are provided by Salesforce the day after an event happens, amid nonpeak hours. In this manner, the log record information is inaccessible for no less than one day after an occasion.