The Approval process in Salesforce
Hello, Friends, I am very happy to tell you all with this useful information. This post is only for Beginners. And for the experienced persons, this post helps them to refresh the things which they already know.
Salesforce approval process is an automated process and your organization can use to approve records in Salesforce, An approval process is a combination of steps for a record to be approved and the person has to approve it each step.
A step can apply to all the records to that object or just record that meets the certain criteria. An approval process also specifies the actions to take when a record is approved, rejected, recalled, or first submitted for approval.
Simple or multi-step approval processes to automate and enforce the approval of virtually anything in your company.
- Navigate setup -> Create -> Workflow & Approvals -> Approval Processes.
- Select Object for the new approval process.
- Click on Create New Approval Process and choose Use Standard Setup Wizard from the drop-down button.
Note: If you want to create a basic approval process with default settings. Click on Use Jump Start Wizard.
Salesforce approval process Example
1) Enter name, Unique name and Description(Optional).
2) Select criteria are met if you want to set a filter criteria that a record must meet to enter this approval process. For example, if only employees from headquarters should use this approval process to submit expense reports, enter the following filter criteria: “Current User: Office Location Equals Headquarters.”
Enter filter criteria for records that you want included in this approval process. Leave the filter blank if you want all records submitted to be included in the approval process.
Select formula evaluates to true if you want a formula to determine what records enter the approval process.
3) When you define approval steps, you can assign approval requests to different users. One of your options is to use a user field to automatically route these requests. If you want to use this option for any of your approval steps, select a field from the pick list below. Also, when a record is in the approval process, it will always be locked– only an administrator will be able to edit it. However, you may choose to also allow the currently assigned approver to edit the record.
4) Define initial submission actions
New field update / email / task -> Conditions -> save.
5) Define approval steps
Manager step -> click on new approval step button -> provide the name -> all record should enter this step -> select approver manually and save.
- Manager step -> click on new approval step button -> provide the name -> all record should enter this step -> select approver manually and save.
- CEO step -> click on new approver step button -> provide the name -> enter criteria and save.
6) Final approval steps
New field update / Task / Email according to the field provide the condition and save .
7) Final Rejection actions
New field -> provide the conditions and save.
- Once the salesforce approval process is activated no more steps can be added.
Initial submission default actions cannot be edited but final approval & rejection default actions can be edited.
Best Explained: What is Workflow, It’s Limitations And Comparision
Limitations of the approval process
Approval processes are available on Enterprise, Unlimited, Performance, and Developer editions. For the Professional Edition, you can enable this feature by paying an extra amount. As Salesforce is based on a multitenant architecture, it imposes a few limitations on the approval process:
- For each approval process, you can have a maximum of the following:
- 30 steps per process
- 25 approvers per step
- Each organization can have the following limitations:
- 300 approval processes per object
- 1,000 approval processes per organization
- An approval process’s e-mail limit per day is as follows:
- 1,000 per Salesforce standard license
- 200,000 per organization
Note: Once an organization’s daily limit of 200,000 exceeds, Salesforce will send a warning e-mail to the default workflow user and discard all the e-mails. Salesforce will not try to resend them later.
You cannot delete active approval processes. If you want to delete them, you will first have to inactivate the approval process and make sure no records have been submitted for approval. If any records have been submitted, delete them and remove them from the recycle bin.
Once an approval process is activated, you cannot add, delete, or change the order of the steps or change the reject or skip comportment of that process, even if you make the process inactive.
Best Explained: Multiple Currencies In Salesforce
Various ways to approve a request – approval settings
You can approve records in Salesforce by three ways, which are as follows:
- Via a UI
- Through a wireless-enabled mobile device
- Via Salesforce Chatter
Stay tuned to salesforceupdates.com for more updates.
Thank you so much for reading my post. Feel free to ask doubts/Queries in the comment section below, and I’ll come again with an interesting topic about Salesforce So Please Share, Subscribe to our blog for the latest update.